A good tourist destination of Cusco Peru
The walk to the ceremonial-religious center of Waqra Pukara is quiet and impressive, full of landscapes and natural and cultural settings, where the Andean man left an imperishable mark that lasts to this day. Archaeological monument that rises to 4300 m.a.s.l. on the canyon of the Apurímac River built on living rock, showing zoomorphic forms that in time immemorial served as a cult to the Andean gods.
Waqrapukara is an archaeological fortress whose shape resembles that of a horn, located 115 kilometers from Cusco in the province of Acomayo, district of Acos. The trekking route as well as the archaeological complex has nothing to envy to the best destinations for adventure and cultural tourism in the Peruvian Andes, which offers us an unforgettable and satisfying experience.
- Duration: 1 day.
- Type of service: Adventure and cultural
- Meals: 1 breakfast and 1 lunch.
- Degree of difficulty: moderate on the way and a half on the way back
- Maximum Group: 8 people
- Maximum height: 4600m.
- Minimum height: 4300m.
- Temperature: from 08 ° C to 17 ° C during the walk.
- Season: All year round; it is recommended from April to September since the presence of rains is minimal.