A good tourist destination of Cusco Peru
Humantay Lagoon located in the Vilcabamba mountain range of the Andes in southern Peru located about 260 km northwest of the city of Cusco. It invites us to make an unforgettable walk to the imposing and beautiful turquoise lagoon. The route shows in the distance an impressive mixture of the diversity of picturesque landscape from the highest glaciers in our area such as Humantay (5,917 meters-19,412 feet) and Salkantay (6217etros-20,396 feet) are glaciers found in the Vilcabamba mountain range located in the Cusco Region, northwest of the city of Cusco, sacred gods of the Incas. The melting of the Humantay glacier gives rise to the turquoise lake, known as Humantay Lake.
- DURATION: 1 day.
- TYPE OF SERVICE: Adventure and nature
- MEALS: 1 breakfast, lunch.
- Distance: 5 km / 3.2 miles
- WALKING TIME: 3.5 to 4.00 hours approx.
- MINIMUM HEIGHT: 3900 m. / 12,795.275 feet
- MAXIMUM HEIGHT: 4,200 m./13,799.527 feet
- TEMPERATURE: minimum 4°C (135.2 °F) / maximum. 17°C (574.6°F)
- DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY: Moderate, a little demanding.
- DISTANCE BY CAR: 120.5 km / 74.875 miles